Staff engagement ideas you may not have thought of yet
With only 10% of employees engaged at work in the West, it’s no surprise businesses are on the hunt to improve staff engagement.
Many though, struggle to know where to start due to complex human needs, resource limitations or issues surrounding their own workplace culture.
In this blog, we'll explore innovative ways to boost staff engagement and highlight the importance of reward and recognition with the help of Bravo Benefit’s Reward and Recognition platform.
But first, why is engagement important in business?
Why is engagement important in business?
Engagement is essential in business for several reasons:
- Engaged employees are more committed to their work, resulting in improved productivity and better customer service.
- Higher staff engagement reduces turnover rates, saving you time and money on recruitment and training.
- Engaged employees are more likely to come up with creative solutions and contribute to a positive work culture.
- Satisfied and motivated employees can lead to increased customer satisfaction, translating into better sales and profits.
How to keep staff happy
Happy employees are engaged employees!
But improving engagement takes more than just a tick-box approach. Buying one product or undertaking one activity - such as a Christmas bonus - will not solve your engagement issues.
Instead, you need to implement a deliberate recognition strategy, one that incorporates bought solutions and company actions.
These are 5 simple solutions that could make part of your recognition strategy that you can implement straight away to get you started:
- 1. Incorporate Flexibility: Allow flexible working arrangements, such as remote work or flexible hours. This empowers employees to balance work and personal life.
- 2. Career Development: Invest in your employees' growth by offering opportunities for learning and career advancement. It shows that you value their future within the organisation.
- 3. Wellness Programmes: Promote health and wellbeing with wellness programmes, fitness challenges, or mental health support, demonstrating your concern for their overall happiness.
- 4. Open Communication: Create a transparent and open communication culture. Encourage regular feedback and open dialogue to address concerns and keep employees informed.
- 5. Diverse and Inclusive Workforce: Promote diversity and inclusion within your organisation. A diverse workforce fosters creativity and innovation while making everyone feel valued.
Talk to us
If you would like to find out more about our solutions, get in touch.
Reward and Recognition: A key to employee engagement
Every solid recognition strategy should be made up of two key ingredients:
When employees feel appreciated and rewarded for their efforts, they're more likely to be engaged and loyal.
Here's how you can implement effective reward and recognition strategies:
1. Personalised Recognition:
Acknowledge employees for their unique contributions. Consider their interests, values, and preferences when recognising achievements.
2. Peer-to-Peer Recognition:
Encourage employees to recognise their colleagues for outstanding efforts. It creates a positive and supportive team environment.
3. Frequent Recognition:
Don't wait for annual reviews to recognise employees. Regular and timely appreciation keeps staff motivated and engaged.
4. Tangible Rewards:
Consider offering tangible rewards like gift cards, merchandise, or extra vacation days to celebrate major milestones or accomplishments.
5. Public Recognition:
Celebrate achievements in front of the entire team or company to boost employee morale and create a sense of belonging.
This sounds like a lot, but it doesn’t need to be arduous. Bravo Benefit’s Reward and Recognition platform allows you to do all these things and more in one handy tool.
Introducing Reward and Recognition: The Ultimate Solution
To effectively implement reward and recognition in your business’s recognition strategy, consider using Bravo Benefit's Reward and Recognition platform, a comprehensive digital tool designed to engage and motivate your entire workforce. Here's why it's a game-changer:
- Accessibility: Reward and Recognition is easily accessible through our Smart Hive app, meaning all employees can see what’s going on. This ensures that no one is left out, promoting inclusivity and equal opportunity for recognition. Whether your team are hybrid, fully remote or part-time, no one will miss out on their praise and rewards.
- Customisation: The platform allows you to align rewards with your company's unique values and goals. This can support your business plan.
- Community building: It allows peer-to-peer recognition, manager approvals, and a newsfeed to keep the entire team engaged. Build a positive work environment, that improves staff morale, encourages retention and makes your team more productive.
- Rewards Marketplace: Send rewards via the platform, such as monetary rewards, work perks or eGifts.
Interested? Learn more
Increase staff engagement with Reward and Recognition
Staff engagement is a cornerstone of business success.
By investing in recognition strategies and adopting innovative solutions like Bravo Benefit’s Reward and Recognition platform, you can enhance employee engagement, drive business growth, and keep your staff happy.
Remember that engaged employees are not just assets; they are the heart and soul of your organisation. So, let's prioritise their happiness and success, and in return, watch your business thrive.